Sunday, June 14, 2009

The discovery of byhand.me!

So, the other night, I was cruising around etsy minding my own business. And all of a sudden, the little red "1" pops up by the conversations heading. I clicked it eagerly, not even imagining what I'd find. I wasn't expecting a convo from anyone, and I hadn't hand any recent sales that needed further communication, so I figured it was just some random praise or questions.

Boy was I ever wrong.

I blinked as I glossed over the convo a few times. My eyes were seeing the words, but my brain wasn't making heads or tails of it.

"Check it out - you've been featured! Have a great weekend :)"
- Ruthie

WhawhawhawhawhawhaWHAT? I nearly messed myself. Seriously! This was the first mention of being featured for ANYTHING, either on etsy or off, and I was completely stunned. Now granted, it was only for a destash listing, so I can't take TOO much credit for it. But still. That's freaking awesome!

Moreover, having this fellow etsian feature me like this on her blog also introduced me to something wonderful: the widget she uses to post her own treasuries. It's from another nifty crafty community website (http://www.byhand.me), and with it, you can use it to create your own collections of items both etsy and non-etsy! And since I have SUCH terrible luck when attempting to snag a bonafide etsy treasury, this concept highly appeals to me.

Therefore, since i'm extremely excited and anxious to try this out (and in a horribly silly mood), I give you my VERY FIRST byhand.me collection: Ode to Crappy Days (since getting featured really turned my crappy day around).


And I leave you all with that! :) I Hope someone gets a giggle out of it. I certainly did.

Keep on craftin'!
-Christine

1 comment:

Rachel said...

What a nice surprise! I hope it gets your work some more attention and sales. :P