Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Lost in You(tube).

So. I was sitting here on a break from work. As usual, I had nothing important to do and so I found myself on youtube (my normal pasttime when i'm bored and on break). Go fig. Anyway, just like all the other times i've gone to thumb through youtube out of boredom, I ended up discovering another amazing songwriter/singer. This particular song is SO amazing, I just had to share it with you all.

It's called "Larkin Step"and it's written and sung by youtuber, ling86. It's been stuck in my head since I heard the very first haunting strains of the catchy guitar rift and the donny-darko-esque story hidden in the lyrics. It was uploaded 8 months ago and sports 85,688 views. On top of that, it's started to circle around youtube music fame, already covered by atleast one doting fan.


Ling also covers "Between the bars" by Elliot Smith, "Blackstar" by Radiohead, and "Worn Me Down" by Rachel Yamagata. They're all rather lovely covers, with an intesting spin lent by her beautifully unique voice. She doens't offer very much beyond that yet, but I truly hope that we'll be seeing more from her soon.

No comments: